January 18, 2011

As I Search the Holy Scriptures

I have spent so much time trying to organize all of the Chorister material that I haven't taken the time to do much blogging since before Christmas.  This "Organizing" project is something I took on and began back in October.  Over the weeks since then, I would bring a pile of stuff home from the Primary Room closet.  I would go through it, decide if it was worth saving for future use or consider it history.  I had no idea that it would take me 3 months of non-stop attention to get it all finished!  There were a lot of flip charts that previous choristers had made.  I LOVE flip charts!  Especially for the opening and closing songs that the children don't know as well.  They can use the flip charts & bring the Spirit into the room.  Anyway, the flip charts were in folders & were kind of a mess.  I found that I like the flip charts in binders.  That way I can remove the one(s) I need and put them in my weekly binder without having to haul other song flip charts that I don't need at the time.  I always pull them out of the binder to use.

With January's theme, I wanted to sing opening and closing songs that re-enforce the value of studying the scriptures.  "As I Search the Holy Scriptures" is Hymn #277.  I uploaded it on my Scribd account & FINALLY figured out how to at least put it on this blog as well.  Just click on the link below!  Check out all the other flip charts I have available for you to download as well.  I'm a slow learner & there are quite a few charts that I don't have listed on this blog.

As I Search Holy Scriptures Flip Chart

No comments:

Post a Comment